*This list is in alphabetical order.
10 Sites for Teaching/Learning a Foreign Language
- Duolingo - An interesting site that allows users to translate text from the web. Sentences are given to users at their own learning pace and Duolingo supplies words with images to reinforce learning.
- Imendi - A nice site to learn eight foreign languages through 12 lessons using flash card style games.
- Instreami - An innovative site for learning a language through the use of digital video.
- Learn a Language - A great site for learning a variety of languages through the use of online games, activities, and more.
- Lingt Classroom - A great site with educational portal that allows teachers to create voice-based assignments.
- Lyrics Gap - Fun site for learning a language by filling in the missing words of a song. Users can even create their own exercises by selecting what word to be omitted and then sharing a link.
- Memrise - A good site for learning a variety of subjects, including foreign languages, through an innovative flash card system.
- Nabber - A collaborative site that allows user to search for a word or term and find translations and suggestions left by others.
- Nulu Languages - An excellent site for learning a foreign language through online translations of current events and use of flashcards. Has an educational portal for student tracking.
- Word Steps - A great way to learn foreign language words by creating words list with images and audio. Words Steps also has a mobile app, ideal for learning on the go.