CONDUCT AT BUS STOPS & ON SCHOOL BUSES
*This is a condensed version specifically for our preschool and
kindergarten passengers. Parents, please
review these basic rules with your child(ren)in the days prior to the start of
school before they board the bus on their first day of school. They
tend to be very excited, having freedom from being buckled in a carseat, and
tend to have trouble staying in their seat. Thank you for your help and cooperation. We are only looking out for the safety of
Riding the school bus is a privilege, not a right. Students are expected to follow the same
behavioral standards while riding school buses as are expected on school
property or at school activities, functions or events. All school rules are in effect while a
student is riding the bus or at the bus stop.
Since grade school children also ride the buses, the high school
students are expected to set an example of good conduct for them.
- Be on time for the bus. The bus driver will not wait for late students. Help keep the bus on schedule.
- Respect the property of others while waiting for
- If you must cross the street to enter the bus,
always cross at least 10 feet in front of the bus and wait for the driver to signal to you before
crossing the street. Wait until the bus
comes to a complete stop before attempting to enter the bus.
- Upon entering the bus, take your seat right
away. Hands, feet, and backpacks must
not be in the aisle. Preschoolers will
take the front seats and kindergarteners will take the seats immediately behind
- Remain in your seats and stay seated until
the bus arrives at school or at your bus stop.
Children roaming the bus or moving from seat to seat can cause a
distraction to the bus driver and can get injured if the bus had to make a
- Keep head, arms and hands inside the bus at all
times. Do not throw anything out the bus
- Use appropriate language and inside voices on
the bus. Remember that loud talking and
laughing or unnecessary confusion diverts the driver’s attention and may result
in a serious accident.
- No fighting, harassment, intimidation or
- In case of a road emergency, children are to
remain in the bus.
- Be courteous to fellow students and the bus
Students disobeying these rules may be restricted from riding the bus.